A special daily guided tour of the Museum
Welcome to the National Justice Museum!
You may already be aware that we’re in Nottingham’s historic Shire Hall, but have you ever wondered about our hidden secrets?
Our special new guided tour Tales of Truth and Legend gives VIP access to our secret spaces and little-known stories, including our links with the legend of Robin Hood.
– visit the dungeon where folklore suggests Robin was once held
– find out about the historic events played out on our steps
– uncover the origins of Nottingham’s most famous spelling mistake
– hear about the real prison breaks from our Georgian gaol, and
– discover quirky facts and stories about our Victorian courtrooms
And there’s much more.
Tours run every day at 10.30am and 3.30pm.
Please note the Tales of Truth and Legend is included in the normal admission price.
Regrettably, due to the historic nature of our building areas of this tour, including the dungeon, are inaccessible to wheelchair users.