SUFFRAGETTES - DEEDS NOT WORDS?
Students will get the opportunity to:
- Explore key museum spaces with a dedicated education guide
- Come face to face with infamous historical characters
- Meet Nottingham’s own Suffragette Helen Fitzpatrick or Anti-Suffragist Lord Curzon
- Discuss the extreme lengths women went to get the vote
- Prepare, and take part in, a Parliamentary debate. Should women have the vote?
Curriculum links: Citizenship, SMSC including British Values, History, PSHE and English including Spoken Language
|Suitable for||Key Stage 3 - 4|
|Location||National Justice Museum, Nottingham|
|Key skills enhanced include||Problem-solving, critical thinking and analysis, public speaking and debating.|
|Duration||2 hours (either 10am – 12noon or 12.30pm – 2.30pm)|
|Number of students||Get in touch for more information|
|Cost||£9.00 per student
You can also combine this activity with one of our Courtroom Workshops , or a visit to the City of Caves and enjoy a full day visit for just £11 per student.
|Booking||Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0115 993 9811|
The Deeds not Words workshop was a real success. Our students really enjoyed having the opportunity to debate with their classmates
PLAN YOUR LEARNING EXPERIENCE TODAY
It’s quick and easy to plan and book your learning experience. You can do it here.