THEATRE OF LAW
LOCATION: LONDON OR ONLINE
“Theatre of Law” is an innovative project introducing London primary school children to the legal and criminal justice system. The project is available either as an on-site or online/blended learning opportunity.
- The project begins with project launch session at your school delivered by one of our facilitators
- Using the “Theatre of Law” Toolkit, pupils will complete a broad range of teacher-led classroom activities
- Learn about the law and justice system
- Create their own mock trial based on a real local crime.
- Visit the Royal Court of Justice to enact the trial in a real working courtroom or take part in a virtual Courtroom Workshop
- Have a Q&A with a lawyer, or judge
- Improve understanding of the justice system and what happens when someone breaks the law
- Give insights into the workings of the justice system and the roles of legal professionals
- Raise pupil aspirations to seek careers in the law, the courts and associated professions
Curriculum Links: PSHE, Citizenship, British Values, English and Drama
|Suitable for||Key Stage 2|
|Location||At your school and Royal Courts of Justice or online|
|Key skills enhanced include||Problem-solving, critical thinking and analysis, public speaking and debating.|
|Duration||Project launch in school (1 hour) & Courtroom Workshop (2 hours)|
|Number of students||Maximum 30 pupils|
|Cost||£10 per pupil (on-site) or £200 online.|
|Booking||Email email@example.com or call 0115 993 9811|
Thank you so much for a fantastic day at the courts. It was an extremely informative, interactive and enjoyable morning.
Manchester Muslim Prep School
PLAN YOUR LEARNING EXPERIENCE TODAY
It’s quick and easy to plan and book your learning experience. You can do it here.