Terms and conditions for educational visits
We are an independent charity. Payment is required in advance to contribute to our costs of delivering educational sessions.
A deposit is required to secure your booking
Booking forms must be returned one week after receipt. You will then receive an invoice for a deposit of £75 from our finance team.
Payment of the deposit needs to be received within 14 days of receiving the invoice to secure the booking*.
If a deposit is not received after 14 days your booking will be removed.
Payment of the deposit secures your booking and confirms your agreement to these terms and conditions. The booking is only confirmed once we receive the deposit.
Final balance to be paid before the visit
Full payment needs to be made 7 days before the visit*
You will be invoiced for the number of pupils given when you initially booked your visit. If these numbers change let us know before we issue the final balance invoice. There is a minimum group size of 20 students to cover our costs of delivering.
Payments for the deposit and final balance can be paid by cheque (made payable to the ‘National Justice Museum’), BACS (as detailed on the invoice), credit card, debit card or cash. When making payments via BACS you need to reference your school name or the booking reference number.
* If the visit is within 28 days of the booking we need payment of the full balance (including deposit) 7 days before the visit.
If a booking is made within 2 weeks of the visit full payment must be received within 2 days of booking
If you bring fewer pupils on the day of your visit than those you have been charged for we will issue you with a credit note for any over payment. This can be used against the final balance of your next visit within 18 months. If you bring more pupils on the day of your visit than those you have paid for you will be required to pay extra for those pupils on the day.
We are unable to offer refunds because we have staffed the day according to the number of pupils you have told us you would bring.
Cancellations will be charged as follows:
- 28 to 15 working days before the visit: 50% of the cost of the visit
- 14 to 8 working days before the visit: 75% of the cost of the visit
- 7 to the day of the visit: 100% of the cost of the visit
Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable to other dates. If you move your booking to another date you will need to pay another deposit.
Cancellations must be communicated in writing and acknowledged by the National Justice Museum.
Information about your visit
- The timetable you receive in your confirmation correspondence is subject to change.
- We reserve the right to make any necessary changes and you will be informed of any such changes.
- There may be more than one school visiting on the day you visit. Therefore, if you arrive early or late we will do our best to re-structure your timetable to accommodate your visit but we cannot guarantee this would be possible.
- Teachers must supervise their groups at all times, including walking in the corridors and visits to the toilets or café/shop (if applicable).
- You will receive relevant resources and our Code of Conduct for your visit via email once we’ve received the deposit. Please ensure you read and photocopy any relevant resource sheets for your visit.
- We ask that our Code of Conduct is adhered to. We reserve the right to request a group to leave the premises if their behaviour is deemed unacceptable.
Useful contact details
Bookings Coordinators: email@example.com 0115 993 9811